Green Juices and morning routines
Updated: Apr 21, 2020
How do you start your mornings? What is the message your body is receiving? And your mind?
Are you setting your day for being one of high sugary and processed foods consumptions, or are you choosing whole foods?
However you start your day - the foods and drinks that you choose - will be like "setting up" for the rest of the day. And that is why the morning is such an important time to get in tune with what you really want, what your body is asking for, which probably start with hydrating and water.
It is very common to confuse thirst with hunger, and some of us have become experts at ignoring the signs of our bodies asking for simply and plain WATER. So a great thing is to set a routine where you do include and set for hydrating yourself as the first thing you do.
A great way to support your digestive and immune system is to also add the juice of half a lemon to a glass of warm water - and then maybe some plain water.
When it comes to breakfast ...Have you ever tried replacing toast and cereal, or loaded eggs with a whole food Green Juice?
There's two things I would suggest to try, make it a challenge, schedule, have a goal and journal:
ONE: Do a 2 - 3 months challenge of starting your day with a celery juice - plain and only celery.
Celery is just awesome - It gives us Vit C, supports our digestive system, reduces inflammation. is good for heart health and the list goes on and on. Anthony William writes about the powerful healing remedies behind consuming celery juice on an empty stomach - if this resounds somewhere with you, I invite you to go deeper into this research and give it a go. For more information visit: https://www.medicalmedium.com/medical-medium-celery-juice-movement.htm
TWO: Make up your own green Juice - My favorites are spinach, cucumber, kale, lemon and ginger - although I usually add celery, turmeric and other greens if I have them plus some spices that contribute to my digestive system starting to work such as cayenne pepper.
If you are thinking this sounds good, but how do I start: Easy!
1. Decide which option you are going to go for
2. Plan your shopping and required supplies
3. Prep everything: that means have it washed, cut and ready in the fridge to just put in your juicer first thing in the morning
4. Have a goal! Why are you doing this? What are you wanting to achieve? How do you want to feel?
5. Schedule your challenge : In your calendar - Post It notes in your fridge - Tell your family about it and friends
6. Choose an accountability buddy - that can be your partner, neighbour or a close friend with whom you will check in! Be honest and tell her/him when you are not feeling that strong or if you lose commitment, let them remind you of pint number 4, you have a goal and it probably has to do with feeling better!
Share how your green juices morning routine is going if you feel like! If social media is not your thing, have a journal in hand where you remind yourself and journal about how you feel, which things are changing and how your morning routine is making you feel.
I wish you all the joy in this exploration!!
With love and in health,
Your Health Coach